Jan 27, 2010

Flowchart Answers

Q1.

The reasons why I want to use flowchart in my mobile interface design and screen interface design is because I can lay out the structures of the different functions that I would include in the design. I can map out easily the position of each functional buttons and which menu it interact with. It can also help me figure out problems that might occur while designing the interface. Furthermore it can help me to map out problem and solution for the interface if an error should occur. It also help me to determine whether the structure of the flowchart is easy to understand and whether it would be user friendly when implemented in real usage.

Q2.

As I have mention in Q1, by trying out the interface with mean of flowchart I could determine the user friendliness of the function buttons and menus. With easy to understand flow and logical mapping, the user would not have difficulties navigating through the menus and buttons. It also help the user to make easier choices as it is usually a yes and no situation without confusing the user. It also provide the user with prompt access as the user would be able to understand the interface with ease. Furthermore, an easy interface would make the user much more relax and happy while using it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

agree with the statements, pretty practical.

I agree that flowchart works well with the goals stated, which is basically user convenience, because a flowchart is something that organize paths and choices to reach a conclusion (maybe multiple conclusions). Flowcharts make it easier for designers to find the easiest way to present a user all the choices they need, while easier for the user to reach the conclusion they need as well.

question: will ask if i think of one

Lex Ng said...

True the flowchart is good for mapping out solution or pathway for the ease of the user. However it is a bit flaw when it comes to multiple variable action for example where the user have to say more than 1 time yes to the program at the same level of function.

Zhiqin said...

Yes, I couldn't agree more with you. Flow chart is such a effective system for you to draft out the whole solution before putting it into certain use. Troubleshooting would be much easier and more.

But have you actually explore more on there are many other system which also helps in doing the same thing by not using flowchart?

Lex Ng said...

I haven't got the chance to explore other option. However, I would think there could be other more systematic and complex mapping that could accommodate to the user complex variable. For example if the user need to jump a few step ahead, then possibly that the more complex mapping would be able to do it.

Post a Comment